Subject: [Leica] 911
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:18:55 -0700

It has certainly been educational reading the torts, retorts, level heads,
hot heads, etc...

One certainly learns a lot about the folks that share the LUG ether.

My personal viewpoint is that it is best to be quiet, hug your family, and
thank whomever/whatever it is that you thank, for the fact that you were
not in harms way. There is no angry comment that is appropriate.
Thoughtless dialog is always worse than no dialog. And everyone has their
own private opinions. Of which, any twain shall never meet.

A day of silence to internalize the situation is much more productive than
a day of arguing, yelling, cursing, finger pointing, etc.

This took an enormous toll on everybody. A day of rest certainly seems
appropriate. Clear rational thought comes from quiet contemplation.

My LUG hiatus was from early 911 until today. It has served me well. It was
therapeutic.

There is no angry comment that is appropriate. The only thing appropriate
is to hold good thoughts for those who are trapped and still alive. May
they have the strength to persevere.

Jim