Subject: RE: [Leica] Sinclair article (was For You George)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:27:43 -0400

> It hardly applies to the situation today.

Hardly?  What in it "hardly applies"?  It states a long list of aid the US
has given, and as far as I know, that aid was given, and that is fact.

> Why this article is being
> widely reprinted in U.S. papers now is something completely beyond my
> understanding.

Because a LOT of Americans feel pretty shitty right now.  I know I forwarded
it to a few friends of mine that sent me a very big "thank you" for sending
it.

What the hell is wrong with trying to feel a little good about MY country
right now?  What I don't understand is why you would want to diminish it.
Why do you want to diminish it?

> We've just taken in, fed and housed 37,000 passengers,
> mostly American, from flights headed to the U.S.

The hotel rooms and all food was free?  Really?  I was unaware of that.

No one said other nations had never helped the US, but the aid, in my
opinion, is very disproportionate.