Subject: Re: [Leica] an on-topic consequence of terrorism
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:59:26 +0200

Indeed, this is how it should be if necessary. I have never understood about
all the people who bitch about European airports' refusal of hand inspection of
photo bags and other "inconveniences" suffered by travelling photographers.
Surely now everyone has to accept that security comes first, second and third,
and any other consideration must be a distant fourth.

Nathan

Rei Shinozuka wrote:

> i was watching mary schiavo (ex DOT head) on fox news.  she
> expressed the conviction that the relatively lenient air travel security
> restrictions we enjoy today in the USA is in the past.  among other things,
> she said that we might lose all carry-on privileges, except for necessary
> medications and the like.  furthermore, the law enforcement agencies would
> maintain security, rather than the civilian FAA and the airlines.
>
> -rei

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland