Subject: Re: [Leica] Terror
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:08:00 -0600

Austin,

Japan considered two American actions as justifiable grounds for war in
1941:

 1). A US imposed oil embargo
 2). The US refusal to sell Japan scrap metal

Both US actions resulted from a desire (in the US) for Japan to pull out
of the Sino Japanese war.

The Japanese declaration of war on the United States was critically
timed to be delivered just prior to 8:00 am Hawaiian Time. A legal
nicety that did not occur due to unforeseen delays in decoding by
intelligence staff at Japan's Washington embassy.

This intention is a classic example of a legal pretext to a amoral act.

Regards,

Greg