Subject: RE: [Leica] we're ok
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:00:38 -0400

> An unfortunate aspect of many societies, including that of the US and
> Canada, is to believe in their own righteousness. We have to accept
> that each society has its own perspective, and allow them the belief
> in their own righteousness,

Belief, yes...but purposefully executed terrorist attack on the country of
the United States, disallows any and all rights a group or country that
harbors them has, as far as I'm concerned.

> even if it conflicts with our own. We
> don't have to accept their viewpoint, just accept the fact that they
> might have one that conflicts with ours.

We're not talking about "their viewpoints conflict with ours" liberal mamby
pamby load of crap, we're talking about intentional murdering of thousands
of American citizens on the soil of the United States.

> This attitude
> cannot be expunged by bombings or threats of retaliation, but only by
> learning about these people and helping and allowing these people to
> have something to live for.

You must be kidding, right?  You really expect that anyone from the US is
REALLY and realistically going to spend any time "learning about these
people etc. etc." for the purpose of "allowing these people to have
something to live for"?  I am stunned by these comments, absolutely stunned.