Subject: RE: [Leica] What are some other camera brands non-Leica which people here use ?
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:07:19 +0200

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was interested in seeing what non-Leica [cameras] photographers on this
list use...

 I use frequently a Canon EOS 1V with a 14,15,17-35,50,28-70, 28-135 IS,
35-105, 80-300 IS and 100-400 IS lenses and more and more a digital D30. I
use too a Contax G2 with 15,21,28 and 90 Carl Zeis lenses. I own, besides
Leica equipment which is my actual and more often used equipment, six Nikon
SLR and twentyfive Nikon lenses from 15 to 400 mm including non AI, AIS, AF,
AFD and the three AFS zooms. Nikon was my favorite up to the launching of
EOS system that I find very good one. I own a total of thirty four cameras,
from Polaroid to Canon ION, Superikonta,Contaflex, Rolleiflex, Voigtländer,
AGFA, Konica, Ricoh, Olympus and more than sixty different lenses from 14 to
400mm. I  sold my Linhoff and his three lenses by lack of use and normally I
keep my equipment unless I am going to change a lens for other equivalent
and more modern. For instance I sold my 80-200 AFD Nikon when buying 80-200
AFS. I keep my medium format cameras: three Hasselblad, lenses from 38 to
200,  and two Zenza Bronica with Nikkor lenses, 40 to 200,  but I'm more
often using 35 mm. My friends have tried to convince me in going with them
and their Sinar 4x5 but this big format although beeing very attractiv does
not seems very handy for me.

Remember,  you were who asked!

Kind regards

Félix.

PS : The bag who is now always ready is a a M6 with  Summicron 28mm f 1:2
ASPH, Noctilux 50mm f1:1 and Summicron 90mm f1:2 ASPH. Iff no interior is
forecast I change the Nocti for the Summicron 50 mm f1:2.