Subject: RE: [Leica] lens heresy
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:48:23 +0200

"Speaking of Earth does it make sense to put a Soligor 90-230 f4. 5 on a
Leica?
to me that makes of course no sense. To me it makes sense to get a dirt
cheap
Yashica camera body and put a quality Zeiss lens for it.  Not the other way
around. That's what makes sense to me. Glass. The body stops the film from
fogging. Gives you a place to keep your film between exposures. Your glass
is everything."

I strongly agree with you Mark and I wonder why Leica cannot supply lenses
in other mounts! There are over there some very nice bodies with the last
technology available, and I do not mention any of them avoiding flames,
which will excel with a Leica lens! Specially in SLR field. This could be a
huge opportunitty for new busines fro Leica. I always thought the same
referring Carl Zeiss. Just the opposite people generally does: buying a nice
body and complementing with rather poor third manufacturer lenses. I do not
know Soligor, some supplier than Cosina but I thinkt some lenses from Tamron
are rather good, specially the macro one and the 28-105 mm f1:2,8 which I
tested with very good result.

Kind regards

Félix

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] lens heresy)