Subject: [Leica] Bessa RM
From: "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:21:39 -0700

I can understand, from a market perspective, why the good folks at
Voigtlander would do the Bessa R as a screwmount.  There are loads of LTM
lenses out there, but the number of bodies that are still servicable is
dwindling.  I recently had a look at a friend's R and I must say I was
impressed by the brightness and clarity of the RF.

Can anyone comment on the engineering effort required to bring an M mount
version of the Bessa R to market?  Seems like this is the next logical step.
Have any rumours been circulating to this effect?

- --Jim Laurel
http://www.spectare.com