Subject: Re: [Leica] 400mm f/6.8 Macro-Telyt-R
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 10:34:21 -0700

on 8/8/01 9:12 AM, Henning Wulff at henningw@archiphoto.com thoughtfully
wrote:

>> Just for jollies I threw every extension tube I have on the 400 to
>> see what kind of reproduction ratios I can get.  I used a 14198,
>> 14256 and 14182, plus the 60mm extension of the 400's focussing
>> mount and the total extension is 180mm, for a reproduction ratio of
>> 1:2.2.  Subject-to-film  distance is about 6 feet.

Clearly this conversation has steered into a realm I don't understand.

Could someone with some patience explain what's being discussed to someone
who has never lived in the world beyond 200mm??

Thanks

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Daniel Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] 400mm f/6.8 Macro-Telyt-R)