Subject: [Leica] M close up stuff: regrets, I have had a few
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 13:24:00 -0600

Well I do not think that I will sell them both, just one. For an occasional
reflex view a Visoflex is fine. My one lingering disappointment is that the
Visoflex 3 has no instant mirror release when using a cable release. When
using the shoulder stock on a 400/6.8, a cable release improves the
handling. You also have to fire the camera's shutter through a long arm
which makes the release action not particularly buttery smooth. So, while
you do get instant mirror release when using a cable release with the
Visoflex 2, the action is just sweeter and more positive on a SLR. Combine
this with the fact I bought a beater SL2 for $250US, which gives me metering
too, and the decision to free up some shelf space was easily taken.

John Collier

Yes I know the Visoflex IIa would have done everything I wanted but the SL2
came up first and was cheaper to boot.

> From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
>
>> <Snip>
>> Visoflex III EX+ cosmetics and works well. Just CLAed but some prism
>> yellowing comes with 4X right angle finder (will fit on M6TTL). 100US
>>
>> Visoflex II bayonet mount EX+ cosmetics and works well. With later Visoflex
>> III right angle finder (will fit on M6TTL). Finder has slight separation but
>> does not affect use at all. $80US.
>>
>> Open to offers and ridicule.
>>
>> John Collier

SELLING YOUR VISOFLEX!!!!!!!!!
You no longer get free pie with your coffee at the Leica coffee house.
Down boy down!!!

woof

will only talk to you on alternate Monday Wednesday and Fridays.
Mark Rabiner
    and out of the corner of my mouth!

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] M close up stuff: regrets, I have had a few)