Subject: RE: [Leica] Home depot and the rest
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:37:46 -0400

> There is a component to this thread that is being overlooked. All Mass
> Merchandisers spend a lot of time and money on Store design and
> merchandising plans. They prohibit photos to protect the investment they
> have made in displays, color schemes and floorplan layouts.

Store/mall policy does not have anything to do with the law, period.  They
have no right to take your film, much less your camera, though they can ask
you to leave.  If you refuse, they can not physically touch you, they must
call the Police to have you removed, unless you are causing or I believe
threatening to cause someone else (possibly some thing too) physical harm.

Replies: Reply from "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Home depot and the rest)