Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: NEW Photo Newsletter: The 37th Frame Returns
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:54:33 -0400

> A really good guy to have on the list.  It is such a pity that there
> are so many prima donnas (with a hyphen?) that objected to his opinions
> and virtually chased him off.  How can anybody be happy because such a
> colourful character has left the list.

I agree; I'd much rather have a colorful mix of opinions on the list--even
though there are those with whom I disagree--than to wind up with a list of
folks who all see things the same way.

I sometimes wonder if the list doesn't fall into two camps: those who love
photography and happen to use Leicas vs. those who love Leicas and just
happen to take photographs.  I know these aren't mutually exclusive (some
would argue they are mutually _in_clusive!) and I sometimes find myself in
one camp and sometimes in the other.

For my personality type (perfectionist, obssessive-compulsive, verging on
anal-retentive--but with a sense of humor <g>), I find Kyle's and Ted's
voices to be most refreshing: Kyle nudges me to relax about my photography,
and Ted invites me to relax about my gear.

But I also really appreciate Mark's wisdom in darkroom printing, and
Austin's in digital, and Jim's with the finest equipment, and Erwin's with
optics, and Johnny's with just about everything (how does he do it?!),
and.... I could go on and on.

Dan