Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Warranty & New vs. Used
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:53:18 -0400

> Over the course of the next month I ended up returning the R8 due to a
> defect and finally got a good one the third time around.
>
> I also ended up sending all three of the lenses to Leica USA due to poor
> quality.
>
> I had all three lenses replaced without hassle or question.

Gee, I'd try a different brand if I were you!  I've never heard of anyone
having such bad luck, though I do know the R8 has certainly been a problem
for some, and I'm glad I decided against getting one, though, when it works,
I understand it is a great camera, as it should be.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Warranty & New vs. Used)