Subject: [Leica] 180mm comparisons
From: "Charles Cason" <cec@vbe.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:12:49 -0500

I am in the market for a 180mm lens for my r6.  I have
decided on an APO lens because I will want to use the APO
extender from Leitz later on.  There are two lens for sale
on Ebay.
One is "for Leica R"  Angenieux DEM 180mm 2.3 APO-R  and the
other is the well known LEICA 180/3.4 APO- R.-ROM.  Does
anyone have any experience with the Angenieux lens.  I  want
to use this for wildlife photography and sharpness and
contrast is important.  All things being equal, I would opt
for the faster lens because of the extender, but I don't
really know if all things are equal in this comparison.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

The Rev'd Charles E Cason Jr
St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Ripon WI)
1805 Arlington Drive