Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography using LF
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:57:30 -0500

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> Weegee of course did exactly this as did a whole generation of >photographers
> who use the Speed, Crown and Super Graphic 4x5 cameras which were the
> standard press kit for a quarter century.......

......<big snip>

Of course you can use a Speed Graphic for more than Street Photogaphy. Many,
many years ago when I was a teenager and living in New York I used to sneek
my Father's Speed Graphic out of the house to go and photograph sports car
racing at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock. Back in those days cameras were pretty
primitive compared to what we have to choose from now. What I remember
seeing at the track was mostly Rollie TLR's. Anyway I must have done pretty
good because my Father found out that I was pilfering his camera when he saw
one of my pictures in the local paper with my byline. He raised hell with me
and then later gave me a Petri 35 rangefinder which was a pretty good
camera.

Steve
Annapolis