Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 05:00:00 -0500

 Greetings to all.  This week is all around Austin reaching a little more
southern than usual.  The first two were seen while looking over a fence on
a commercial building ready to be demolished:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/SAP+bike+shed+with+improvised+planters.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/mural+recycling.jpg.html

There is a rather large construction site just north of this sign causing
havoc with traffic patterns.  I thought that this embellishment was
appropriate to keep spirits up as people were stalled in traffic:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/sunshine+for+a+construction+zone.jpg.html

This is a bit of old Austin that still remains.  Austin is very rapidly
losing most of its older style as it transforms into Silicon Valley light:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Shiners+Saloon.jpg.html

This was seen at the entrance to a parking deck:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/moped+on+tiles.jpg.html

I believe this was in E. Austin as part of commemorating the history of
that part of Austin when the city segregated in the 1930's:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Bhosh+2010.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don