Subject: [Leica] View from top of Steptoe Butte
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 15:15:35 -0700

In the middle of the Palouse is this 3600 foot hunk or rock called
Steptoe Butte.? A very brief description:

Steptoe Butte - Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steptoe_Butte>

It rises about 1000 feet above the countryside and you can drive to the
top for a 360 degree view of the Palouse.? Often the patterns on the
wheat fields around it are spectacular especially if the lighting is
right.? The patterns were not so great this year and there was a haze in
the sky, but it was worth the trip up.? The day before had heavy clouds
and I was told some rain.? We did two trips up on two separate days to
see if things would improve.? Here are a few shot from the summit.? They
start? here and have 4 more to the right.

Steptoe Butte-4946.jpg | Aram Langhans | Flickr
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24330215 at
N06/53015156092/in/album-72177720309360044/>

Comments welcome.

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] View from top of Steptoe Butte)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] View from top of Steptoe Butte)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] View from top of Steptoe Butte)