Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 05:11:51 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week is mostly from my general neighborhood
with one exception.  First is a new bit of painting on a backstop ata
deserted gas station:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/angry+green+skull.jpg.html

A bit further down Congress I thought the stickers were interesting
juxtaposed next to a cherry motif:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/cherry+blosssums+and+stickers.jpg.html

Walking east over to First Street a cupcake purveyor has this on their wall:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/dreaming+of+cupcakes.jpg.html

We took a trip south to Schulenburg to look at the many Czech painted
churches; I found this at the visitors center:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/have+you+painted+yet.jpg.html

Back to the neighborhood, the closest pizza parlor had their back wall
repainted:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/mezzo+american+pizza+head.jpg.html

Last, a bit of Austin history.  In the sixties The Armadillo World
Headquarters was the premier music venue.  The owner moved over to a
restaurant music venue Threadgills.  This sign is on the old Threadgills
which had to be abandoned due to a very large land lease increase.  It
turns out the Cox family wanted space to build a large multi use live,
work, play complex.  Five years later the city council finally granted them
the monetary concessions and zoning they required.  In any case,
suprisingly, this sign only has minimal tagging after more than five years:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/You+make+my+heart+sing.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don