Subject: [Leica] Advise
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 16:51:55 -0700

Your oldest is the easiest: good 24+ mp mirrorless cameras are available
both new and used at good prices.   Then a macro lens.   You could go the
long normal with either a Nikon 6T or a Canon 500D two element close up
lens as your last expensive option.   If vegetables are truly his passion
then a 100ish macro lens.

Your youngest is problematic.   His interest is in things possibly shy or
far away so a longer telephoto is in the cards.   So,  again,  a mirrorless
camera but this time a APS-C sensor and a75-300 zoom.   You will get
resistance because his kit is not a good as his siblings.  Time will be
well spent explaining why the camera.   The cheaper lens has to be
explained to him by both his nature and the need to reach out with
something that doesn't require weightlifting and a tripod to use.   Plus,
he is getting old enough to understand his nature and make decisions
accordingly.

I won't make manufacturer recommendations as the current line is from
Nikon,Canon, and Sony all have strengths and handicaps.   Plus,  for
beginners a used camera is a less expensive alternative for a possibly
short term interest.