Subject: [Leica] Khajuraho
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 09:11:19 +0530

 I had been to Panna Tiger Reserve last month, and our group spent a
morning photographing in Khajuraho, which is a mere 30 minute drive away. I
had been there with Neela in December last year as well, and the one
thought that I can categorically share is that the emphasis on erotica,
which constitutes around 8-10% of the carvings there, is overdone, and
tends to divert attention, totally unnecessarily in my view, from the
magnificence of the temples and the beauty of the intricate, complex
decoration. Here is an additional selection of photographs of the sandstone
temples of Khajuraho in my gallery - they are all from the Western Complex
of temples, save one, which is from the Eastern Complex. All photographs
taken with the Nikon Z7 with the Nikkor Z24-120mm f4S lens:

Framed:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-623-Edit.jpg.html

Unusual Perspectives:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-697-EditBW.jpg.html

Around the corner:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-703-Edit.jpg.html

Cut Out:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-597-Edit.jpg.html

Looking Up:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-594-Edit.jpg.html

Layer upon Layer:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-682-Edit.jpg.html

The Colours of Sanstone:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-700-Edit.jpg.html

Leica Glow:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-604-Edit.jpg.html

Lion and the Lady:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-721-Edit.jpg.html

Shadow:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-616-Edit.jpg.html

Exterior Detail:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-744-Edit.jpg.html

IR (with 590nm filter):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Panna+Z7-20230322-744-Edit.jpg.html

Last, but not the least, an addition to the erotica folder, a private joke
by the artisan who carved it in the 9th Century, if you will, of the last
in a row of elephants in a panel seeing an amorous couple and having a
chuckle to itself:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Varanasi/Khajuraho/Khajuraho2/Panna+Z7-20230322-611-Edit.jpg.html

Please see LARGE.

Comments and Criticism, as ever, are always welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Khajuraho)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Khajuraho)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Khajuraho)
Reply from ric at CartersXRd.net (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Khajuraho)