Subject: [Leica] A new low
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 15:30:52 +0100

On 31/03/2023 06:57, Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG wrote:
> That seems to be the fashion of the hour. Have you seen some of the new
> Rolex released recently? They look like a US$15k garish, multicoloured
> Swatch!
>
> https://www.rolex.com/watches/new-watches/new-oyster-perpetual
>
> As they are huge advertiser with a huge fan following, reviewers have to
> gush over this! ?
>
> Cheers
> Jayanand
That Rolex is truly horrendous. Mind you, Rolex's efforts at rebuzzing
their product line has improved the value of my own one. They reissued
the GMT Master ll after a lapse in production of a few years, but this
time the case is white gold and looks very similar to my steel one.
Prices of secondhand ones have rocketed accordingly.

As for the Disney Leica, it looks too Mickey Mouse. Mind you, for in
your face street photography, it might cause the subjects to grin at it
- a definite side benefit.

Douglas