Subject: [Leica] My M2 is stuck!
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 18:51:29 +0000

That's extremely annoying, Nathan.

I'd agree with Don. I'd never heard of the term percussive maintenance
before, but do remember going in to a repair shop with a stuck OM2. The
man behind the counter took it, looked it over carefully, aligned its
base parallel with the wooden counter, and then swiftly gave its base a
sharp rap on same. Bingo, it worked, and still does as far as I know
(it's upstairs in a box along with five OM1s).

I'd definitely give that a try (sans lens) as it's a totally mechanical
camera. Just try it a couple of times at most, and don't use it to
hammer in fencing posts....

Unfortunate timing on the visit to Paris with the refuse collectors'
strike, as the news here is saying the smell is horrendous.

Douglas