Subject: [Leica] Topaz AI and Film Grain
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:37:08 -0400

LUG -

I really like the way Topaz Photo AI rescues some of the faces in my old
film scans; however, the end result is too plastic and smooth-looking for
me.  I've tried reducing the amount of smoothing but that reduces the
sharpness, too.  What I would like to do is re-introduce the film grain
without affecting the sharpening.  I've tried in PS - Filter>Noise>Add
Noise>Guassian Blur and I've tried the Grain slider in LR but neither of
them looks like film grain really.

Do you know of a program or setting that will add realistic-looking film
grain?

TIA

Tina

--