Subject: [Leica] [IMG] [PESO]: Dew pond in the Snow
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:33:01 +0000

This little pond is possibly all that remains of what was a dew pond*
when the hill was still on a drovers' route across the hill and down to
Gloucester, the Severn Valley. It is now all but filled in.

The black dot on the horizon is a walker, not one of my dogs this time!

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/DewPondSnow_20230310_113546-01.jpeg.html>

Thanks for looking and as ever your C&Cs are much appreciated.

Peter

* For anyone who doesn't know what one is - I have no idea what they are
called Stateside - these were ponds where cattle/sheep etc could get a
drink after a hard day's travel. Often natural, but also man-made and
lined with clay to hold the water. They were literally filled by dew and
rain and occasionally by a spring.
--

Dr. Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] [IMG] [PESO]: Dew pond in the Snow)