Subject: [Leica] Varanasi
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 16:12:51 +0530

Don, Luis, Brian, Ric Bathan, Alan

Thanks for looking. Varanasi is a very photogenic city, and on this short
trip I had no time to explore the narrow back alleys of the old town, which
are akin to rabbit warrens, and are just about wide enough for a motorcycle
to traverse. That is for the next visit!

Don, many of these images are easy enough for any tourist to get, as long
as you are on a boat on the river in the evening!

Luis, these photographs were not taken with a smartphone, if that is what
you meant, they were taken with the Nikon Z9 paired with either the Nikkor
Z24-70mm f2.8S or the Nikkor Z 70-200mm f2.8S lenses. The Nikkor Z series
lenses are really exceptional for digital cameras, superior to any
equivalent lenses I have used, no doubt due to the very large diameter of
the throat, which makes designing highly corrected and very fast lenses
possible.

Cheers
Jayanand