Subject: [Leica] IMG: Old Building Door Hardware
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 00:54:33 -0600

While still a student back in the early seventies I documented Victorian
buildings at the university that had originally been a separate school -
the Milwaukee Downer College.  The state had decided they had to go.  My
photos were seen by a committee of Downer graduates and used in a report to
the legislature for their preservation.  I was later told by the committee
that they helped sway opinion so the structures were eventually renovated.
Here is an example of the craftsmanship of the hardware, taken years later
just before the remodeling.  Naturally, these fittings were replaced by
simple brass ones, but at least the buildings still stand, and are used.

I am preparing scans for the UWM Historic Preservation Institute and came
across this image that I just love.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Buildings/19801016_MR_EMKE_Downer_10AX9805.jpg.html

--