Subject: [Leica] Some film from Yosemite
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 19:10:32 -0800

As I posted a while back, I was going to take my R8 to Yosemite with a
few rolls of old film from my freezer.? I was able to shoot one roll of
Portra 160.? I would have shot more if the conditions were good for
photos, but as it were there was not much fall color, almost zero water
and boring blue skies.? Hardly took any digital shots, either.? I had
them developed at our local store. I did not know they were still doing
film but they were and the price was right for the unknown of old film.?
I figured I could handle $5.00.? I got them back today.? They only
develop 2 times a week.? Started scanning and thought I'd post some
results.? I am having a hard time getting color balance right.? I never
shot color film in the past, only slides, so always had a ready
comparison of color in the original slide.? At any rate, here are a
few.? View them large if you dare.

Some color around the campground

Yosemite Tree and dogwood 10-2022-6 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/22f/y/f/Yosemite+Tree+and+dogwood+10-2022-6.jpg.html>

El Capitan.? One thing I did notice is that with digital the bright sun
on El Cap often blows the highlights out but with this film and this
scan they came out really nice.

Yosemite El Capitan 10-2022-5 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/22f/y/f/Yosemite+El+Capitan+10-2022-5.jpg.html>

Three Brothers.? Color is out of wack and I can't seem to get it right.?
Old film???

Yosemite Three Brothers 10-2022-3 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/22f/y/f/Yosemite+Three+Brothers+10-2022-3.jpg.html>

Bike rental at Curry Village

Yosemite Bicycles 10-2022-7 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/22f/y/f/Yosemite+Bicycles+10-2022-7.jpg.html>

My biggest problem in shooting was remembering to focus.? I have few
nice shots but out of focus.? I have scanned about half and will leave
the rest for tomorrow.

Comments and Criticism Welcome, PLEASE!!

Aram

--

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Some film from Yosemite)