Subject: [Leica] Warning to iPhone users..... Thanks Apple......
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:38:30 +0100

Cute, Brian.

With my own 15 month grandson about, life is a blur, and needless to say
all of my cameras are too bulky, so, I have to rely on my phone, as it's
there, and in my pocket at all times. Mind you, even then, I'm too slow :-)

However, I do have his doting mother who seems determined to document
all aspects of his life in copious amounts of images on an app called
FamilyAlbum. She may be an avid photographer, but editing is a thing she
doesn't seem to believe in: she keeps every image. It's just too much as
we get sent the links every day to the avalanche of images. I have to
laugh and just wonder how on earth she is going to find anything in some
years time.

It's in marked contrast to my younger years, but my Dad did take photos
of us a fair bit with his Voigtlander Bessa. It seemed to be a father's
job to work the camera in those days. Incidentally, I was with a friend
of mine yesterday who has also become a grandfather in the last few
months, and is experiencing the same thing. He asked me "How many photos
do you think were taken of me when I was growing up?". Guessing it was
low, I ventured "Ten?". He then went to an album, and produced one of
himself aged seven grinning out at the world at his First Communion, and
said, "One, and this is it". His Dad had died when he was 16 months old,
so the family camera stayed locked in a drawer unused.

That said, I'm heading off for a few days and will bring my Sony and
Fuji. My current phone just doesn't cut it.

Douglas