Subject: [Leica] Printer ink discontinued
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:12:04 -0400

The 2200 was my first good printer. Bought it 20 years ago and wore it out
making prints for exhibition and sale. I replaced it with an r2400, which I
also wore out. By then, I was selling a lot more 16x20 prints, so I got a
P800. That's the predecessor to the P900 that Jayanand and Brian
recommended. My P800 is wonderful; the P900 should be at least as good. If
you don't mind the higher price for the 17" printer, it is worth the money.

One nice thing about Epson's 17" printers is that the waste tank is
user-changeable. Costs about $40 for a new one. When the waste tank on my
2200 filled the first time, it cost me $160 to have it replaced by an Epson
Authorized Service Center (we actually had one in Fort Wayne back then!).
When it happened the second time, I replaced the printer. The later printers
are really a lot better than the 2200; the prints have a lot less metamerism
(meaning they don't change in appearance as much under different light
sources) and if you do B&W prints, the later models have the Advanced B&W
mode that makes gorgeous neutral or toned B&W prints that are vastly
superior to those that the 2200 made (and the 2200 wasn't bad for B&W, just
the newer inks are far better still).

I have a tutorial on using the B&W mode on the P800 that should work
identically on the P900 if you buy one (and you should).

https://youtu.be/kxkpJEzn8YM

--
Chris Crawford

Fine Art Photography

Fort Wayne, Indiana

260-437-8990

https://chriscrawfordphoto.com  My portfolio

https://sx70project.com The Polaroid SX-70 Project

https://crawfordphotoschool.com Learn From Me

?On 9/13/22, 11:12 AM, "LUG on behalf of George Lottermoser via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    Re: obsolescence:
    The 7 inks for my Epson Stylus Photo 2200 printer have been
"Discontinued." This after I just moved it in; cleaned it along with the
jets; made all necessary alignment adjustments; pulled 3 near perfect
prints; it told me it needed "light magenta;" so I went looking? only to
find? dis appointment and dis continued

    Sent from my iPhone