Subject: [Leica] IMG: Warsaw
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 13:51:57 +0200

As I wrote earlier, I have been somewhat silent the past couple of weeks due
to a combination of travels and the resulting backlog of photos. We were in
Warsaw in mid-August, and three days after our return we flew off to
Scotland. But now I have finally finished processing the Warsaw images, and
I present my favourites in this gallery:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/warsaw_aug2022/

Warsaw was almost completely destroyed during World War II, and the
subsequent four decades of Communist rule did not exactly make for an
attractive city. But the city has risen from the ashes and the misery since
1989, and is today a vibrant European metropolis, Poland?s capital and its
largest city with 1.7 million people, with all the infrastructure and
services one expects in such a place. And yet it has not lost its character.
It is as modern as Berlin or Paris or Prague but it is not those cities.
Hopefully, my photos will give you a flavour of this.

On a technical note, all the images were taken with the Panasonic GX80 (I
was travelling very light), mostly with the 12-60mm lens, a few with the
1.7/20mm, and the last images of the Japanese pianist playing Chopin with
the Leica 90mm Tele-Elmarit.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu