Subject: [Leica] IMG: a day in Madrid
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 19:16:48 +0200

My daughter came home from 2 weeks in the US on Friday morning, so I had to
go to Madrid to pick her up. I drove to the capital Thursday morning, very
early, to visit as many photo exhibitions as I could manage. The PhotoEspa?a
festival is huge, and to really see it all, you need at least a week. I had
just one day, but I think I used it wisely. I visited 7 exhibitions, and I
also explored some neighbourhoods with which I was not familiar, including
the somewhat gritty Puente de Vallecas neighbourhood where I had booked my
hotel for the night, and the centre of Madrid?s LGBT life, Chueca, where I
went to have dinner at a Japanese-European fusion restaurant called Sr. Ito
(well, at in least in Spanish the name is amusing, as it is pronounced
se?orito).

I arrived at my hotel around 11 a.m. on Thursday and spent the rest of the
day walking around the city, a bit challenging in 40C weather (104F for you
imperials). But cold drinks are widely available, we are not exactly talking
the Sahara here. And on Friday morning I had time for a quick visit to the
wonderful Retiro park before heading to the airport to meet Monica.

A relatively small gallery is here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/madrid_aug2022/index.html
<http://www.frozenlight.eu/madrid_aug2022/index.html>

It is a bit different from my usual city galleries, as there are more people
pictures than usual.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu