Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: jassechan at gmail.com (Jasse Chan)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 11:08:03 +0100

I spent years trying to find a tattoo design - visiting artists in
Copenhagen, London, Geneva, Zurich, Denver, New York, San Diego, West Palm,
Aberdeen.

My Dad is Hindu, and my Mom was Presbyterian - so I had several
tattoo artists come up with designs with the Hindu OM and the Cross.  The
artists found it difficult to combine something as organic as an Om, and
something as stark as a Crucifix.

After more than a decade of my side hobby of visit tattoo parlors - I found
an artist in Calgary of all places that had apprenticed in Tokyo!  we had a
few chats, and he designed a tribal tattoo that combined both those
elements along with a tiger motif (I was born the year of the tiger) and we
decided to do a full sleeve!

SO - I humbly suggest that there isn't really a tattoo culture - and there
is no secret membership.  I've found that people with Tattoos LOVE to talk
about them - and everyone has personal reasons for what they designed.

My 2 cents.

jasse