Subject: [Leica] Drobos
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank F)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:31:37 -1000

Synology can use mis matched drives but there are caveats. Mismatched
SHOULD MEAN  same maker and size. There is no problem for makers being
mixed. There is one configuration that will allow mixed size and you can
use ALL the space on all the drives.  Otherwise vwhatever is the dmallest
drive is as big as it gets for ALL the drives. Wasted space.

If you get the J models, bottom performance and price, they will not.
If you read Synology info, they want you to use
Seagate Ironwolf or WD Red or their own labeled drives. Which are Toshiba.
But it is not necessary.
It IS best to use NAS level drives which are supposed to be more robust.
Regular HDD are not really designed for heavy work loads nor running
24/7/365/3-6 years.

Lots of things you need to know b4 buying a NAS.