Subject: [Leica] Wednesday Weeds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 05:01:00 -0500

Greetings to all.  I begin again at the upper rim of Palo Duro canyon.
This scene is typical of unimproved pasture where the undesirable  plants
are competing with the grasses suitable for animal husbandry:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/unimproved+pasture.jpg.html

At the volcano I found this aggressive plant attempting to out compete the
pinion trees:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/sunlight+equals+seeds.jpg.html

Despite the drought, grass in undisturbed land has roots that go down more
than 3 meters.  So, grass will grow:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/green+shoots+in+a+field+of+dried+grass.jpg.html

In Colorado Springs in a section where a tree had been this bit of green
attempts to find its place:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/grass+grows+where+a+tree+once+lived.jpg.html

Doing an HCB for a bit of fun I waited for the correct passer by and their
shadow:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/fear+and+trembling+at+the+audacity.jpg.html

Cedars are almost as bad as mesquite for taking over a pasture:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/cedar+tips+as+form+exercise.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don