Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 11:36:42 -0500

Good question Ric.  Way back in the middle 1880's a tycoon built a very
nice mansion on top of a hill overlooking the south bank of the Colorado
river.  Like many families, after several generations the family no longer
wanted to live in the old folks home so they sold the building to a
military academy.  It stayed that way for 40-60 years and then was sold to
a business that still operates in the home.  It has an excellent view of
Austin and has some very nice grounds surrounding it as befits a very
wealthy estate from that time period: you did have to have room to feed
your livestock and of course a kitchen garden.

All the best.