Subject: [Leica] Connie Stevens? camera, 1959
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:15:52 -0500

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 Robert Baron <robertbaron1 at gmail.com>wrote:

>There is a little wheel above the viewfinder of the Nikon that is used to
>move the lens into focus but after testing that and a Leica M3, each with a
>complement of lenses (this was circa 1960 while I worked in a camera store)
>I decided on the Leica and never looked back.

>I was the only kid in my high school class with an M3!

>--Bob
As a student in 1969, I had a (used) Nikon S2, since I couldn't afford a
Leica. but the month
after I got my permanent job at the university I bought a mint M3 with 50
collapsible Summicron
and it was heaven using that camera for the next 40 years.  I'd still use
it if I had a darkroom for
processing film (but the lenses are utilized).

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978
UPAA Master of the Profession 2014