Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 17/3/2022: back at the OECD
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 09:30:42 +0100

I was on a business trip to France this past week, yet another sign of
return to normality. The main reason was a 2-day meeting at the OECD,
specifically something called the Task Force on Combatting Illicit Trade, a
body which concerns itself with all manner of illicit trade, including
drugs, human trafficking, wildlife, and also counterfeit goods?it is for the
latter reason that my office is involved. I come to the OECD a couple of
times a year, but had not been there since 2019, for reasons we all know. I
enjoyed being back and offer four images.

The OECD HQ consists of two buildings, one big and modern where most of its
people work:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jsMXcbN/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jsMXcbN/A>

The other building is known simply as ?the ch?teau?; its formal name is
Ch?teau de la Muette, built by one of the Rotschilds in the 1920s on the
site of earlier chateaux, dating back to the 17th century. Today, it house
the offices of the Secretary-General of the OECD and the ceremonial meeting
rooms for the big occasions. I posed in front of the building and my OECD
colleague Piotr took the picture:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-F7kh8SM/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-F7kh8SM/A>

A selfie inside the Ch?teau. I like the sense of history I feel when I visit
here. A good chunk of the post-war architecture of Europe was conceived here:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-HbHSS7c/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-HbHSS7c/A>

And this is the main meeting room in the Ch?teau, where I spent the better
part of Wednesday and Thursday. When not used for big occasions, it is
available for lower-level gatherings like the one in which I participated,
especially right now when the main conference centre is still closed due to
Covid. The meeting of the task force was hybrid, another sign of the times,
and on the screen, Steve Francis, the acting Executive Associate Director,
Homeland Security Investigations, is ready in Washington:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-twz9sG4/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-twz9sG4/A>

I did less formal things in France too, those will the subject of other
posts.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman