Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 06:00:00 -0600

Greetings to all.  I will begin with one of my minor hobbies.  We
frequently go to estate sales primarily to see the different neighborhoods
in greater Austin(11th largest city in the US).  Sometimes we even find
items that fit our needs like silk rugs out of the "Stans".  First up,
while we were waiting to get in this father was entertaining his son:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Father+and+son+fun.jpg.html

Frequently there are high value items so entry is limited to maybe 10-15
people at a time.  So, you wait:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/graceful+waithing.jpg.html

Usually, the garages are full of detritus suitable to bargain hunters and
interesting conversations:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/interaction+in+the+garage.jpg.html

With the lowered birth rate I am continually amazed at people owning large
behemoths to tool around the city, here emphasised by this young lass:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/youth+in+the+midst+of+Texas+behemoths.jpg.html

Changing locations again, central Texas is subject to violent rainstorms
that deliver rain faster than it can be absorbed so it runs off.  This
young man took it upon himself to clean up the skate park:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/cleaning+up+after+the+rain.jpg.html

I don't know what is going on with this woman but she was beat down:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/troubled+and+beat+down.jpg.html

I will end this with a bit of environmental hope.  This man is catching
edible fish in a creek that runs through a large part of Austin.  The
residents are doing a good/great job of controlling runoff be it chemicals
or pet waste.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/fishing+downtown+Austin.jpg.html

All the best.

--