Subject: [Leica] V-22 Osprey
From: cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 18:59:28 -0500

There was a plan to build an OLF here some years ago - the flight path would
have been through Pocosin Lake NWR, winter home to hundreds of thousands of
waterfowl. What could possibly go wrong?

Environmental concerns and resistance of community finally showed them what
a crap idea it was. So, they fly to local airports and do their circles for
an hour before leaving. Seems to work as a reasonable compromise.

The harrier had that historically bad run when they loosened the pilot
qualifications. It was all about the trickiest part, going from vertical
thrust to forward. More training and more stringent pilot qualification
fixed that issue. Osprey has the same kink.

ric