Subject: [Leica] IMG: Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 14:20:36 +0100

The Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana is a 5-day race around our region of
Spain. This year?s edition took place this week (it finishes this afternoon
in Valencia), and on Friday the 3rd stage started in Alicante and passed
through several mountain passes in the area, with a brutal mountain finish
near the village of Tibi, a place where I too cycle from time to time. When
I go to see a race, I try to find a spot at the top of a climb since the
cyclists move slower, making it easier to photograph them; also, a mountain
stage is far more interesting than a flat stage?on flat stages the peloton
usually stays together and whirls past you in 30 seconds, whereas on a
mountain stage the peloton splits into many groups, and it takes several
minutes for the riders to pass a given spot. In this case, I drove to the
race rather than taking my bike, because the following day I was going to
cycle in a 200 km event and needed to keep my legs fresh. This in turn meant
that some of the mountain passes were not feasible because parking would be
impossible. But the centre of Tibi offered both parking and a decent spot at
the top of a climb. Here are 10 images, all in B&W?just like Picasso had his
blue period, I am having a B&W period now:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Volta-a-la-Comunitat-Valenciana-2022/
<https://www.greatpix.eu/Volta-a-la-Comunitat-Valenciana-2022/>

Cheers,
Nathan