Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:11:29 +0100

> Le 10 janv. 2022 ? 13:00, Don Dory via LUG <lug at leica-users.org> a
> ?crit :
>
> Greetings to all.  Back in Austin after a trip to the coast we begin on the
> Greenbelt looking across Barton Creek to a religious ceremony:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Eastern+practices+on+the+Greenbelt.jpg.html
>
> In the south central neighborhood of Travis Heights this home supports a
> strange business.  They have this "caravan" parked in their driveway and a
> flatbed truck outfitted similarly typically across the street.

I kind of like this Flintstonian prototype :-) Matches the railings alright.

OTT, I?m sure it would be barred from our roads ?

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Manana.jpg.html
>
> On the north side of the lake there are several of these tributes:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/homage+to+an+Austin+celebrity.jpg.html

Was he the creator of SpiderMan?

> On Congress Ave south of the lake there is a popular coffee house.  I found
> this woman waiting for someone/something after she made a call:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/waiting+for+_.jpg.html
>
> There is a small but good museum on the Texas State campus.  They have
> commissioned bronze sculptures of the artists who made objects in their
> permanent collection:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/homage+to+a+photographer+of+Natives+as+imagined+they+were.jpg.html

Nice - makes me wish I could visit.

> Outside the museum I found this student working on a project despite the
> area around here undergoing construction:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Student+working+through+construction+and+repairs.jpg.html
>

> Last for today just a simple image of style on a college campus:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/fashionable+footgear.jpg.html

And the Converse is true ? I think I?ve had a pair of these for a few years,
in black ? In spite of my recorded age I still feel fashionable as a result,
thanks ;-)

Amiti?s
Philippe