Subject: [Leica] Wednesday Weeds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 06:00:00 -0600

Greetings to all.  I believe most of these were taken on and around the
trails surrounding Lady Bird Lake and Barton Creek.  First up could be a
proto-wheat growing in some native turks cap:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/almost+wheat+in+the+turks+cap.jpg.html

The sunflower family has had a good year and I expect next year to be quite
yellow:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/sunflower+halo.jpg.html

Sandwiched between the trail and Ceasar Chavez is a spot left undisturbed:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/two+points+of+color.jpg.html

This one is a stretch and needs to be seen large but I liked the leaf on
the steps to be a nice graphic:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Urban+experience.jpg.html

No offense to our Carolina friends but around here palmetto is mostly
considered a nuisance although quite graphically interesting:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/Palmetto+fan.jpg.html

We had a good bit of rain this year so most wild plants did very well.
They don't bring string trimmers to the stairs very often so if a plant
grows close enough to the steps it can grow unmolested:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Wednesday+Weeds/over+the+railing+and+into+the+sky.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don