Subject: [Leica] Testing macro lenses - thoughts on methodology ?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 07:40:20 -0500

My two cents deals with stand off distance.   The phone requires you to be
close to your subject for a true macro image.  Benefits of the phone are
relatively large dof and the perspective of the lens focal length.
Downsides are the relatively low pixel count compared to current best of
class cameras.

Camera images require larger size and weight, more time processing the
image, and the shallower dof of even a 35mm macro lens.

The convenience of a phone is very hard to beat but with the loss of
precise control.

Like most things horses for courses.