Subject: [Leica] IMG: Black-and-Gold Bumble Bee and Carpenter Bee
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 22:00:50 +0100

Good work! You're more than likely correct Jim, but the photos used in
the original guide show the yellow furry bit a bit more fluffy compared
to your specimen. Perhaps it's the dampness on the Rose of Sharon. If
you want to be certain, you could send the photos to the Entomology Dept
of the University of Tennessee who could probably tell you or point you
to a local apiarist who could help.

Douglas