Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/8/2021: the city of my birth
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 15:48:39 +0200

I was in Poland from Sunday to Thursday this week, visiting my sister. We
arrived Sunday evening, picked up the rental car at the airport and drove
into the centre, where my sister lives. On Monday morning we were out and
about all day, starting with a Covid booster shot for me in the morning (in
Spain people who have had the disease only get one shot of the 2-shot
vaccines, but I wanted the full deal, so I added a serving of Pfizer in
Poland to the Astra-Zeneca one I had back in June in Alicante). After that,
we visited various favourite places, starting with Century Hall, the
building that started life as Jahrhunderthalle in 1913 when this was the
German city of Breslau, miraculously survived both world wars, became the
People?s Hall after the Communist takeover in 1945 and the transformation of
Breslau into the Polish city of Wroc?aw, and returned to its original name
after the liberation of 1989. Today it is called Hala Stulecia/Century Hall,
befitting the increasingly international character of the place. It is used
for various events, such as concerts, basketball games (the arena sits
10,000), conferences etc. But on a nice hot August day, it is a popular
place for the locals.

This photo was taken from the other side of a large, circular walkway
adjacent to the building:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-hLRtCg6/A

This is much closer to the building, one of my favourite images of the day
(and I did shoot lots of photos that day by my standards):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LkmKHDw/A

Incidentally, my new Fuji X-E3 is what I took on this trip. It worked very
well, and so did the Iridient RAW developer that Jayanand recommended to me.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"