Subject: [Leica] A Barcelona's exhibition of Cuban photographers
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 07:12:56 +0200

Looks like an interesting place indeed.

The Netherlands is another country where it is common to re-purpose old
buildings, for example churches in an increasingly secular society (the
World Press Photo exhibition is usually held in the Oude Kerk (?old church?)
in Amsterdam. There is also a great bookstore in Maastricht, located in what
used to be a church.

In France lots of public buildings used to be churches or monasteries, for
example the prefecture in Le Mans which I visited last week. It was a
monastery which was dissolved by the state after the French Revolution, as
were all religious orders. The building then became property of the state
and has been the prefecture of the Sarthe region since 1806.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"