Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 03:48:05 -0500

Greetings to all.  More images from a walk around Lady Bird Lake and up
into the southern parts of downtown Austin.  We start with a restaurants
patio pre-covid and now just a nice deck:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/mostly+manmade.jpg.html

Nearby, the water trickle feed didn't work so we have an interesting
graphic:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/removed.jpg.html

We saw this cypress two years ago, this time in color:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/prunned+cypress+in+color.jpg.html

I was impressed by this tree root and its path through the rock:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/animate+vs+inanimate.jpg.html

Plants will go to extraordinary lengths to find light:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/delicate+curve.jpg.html

We have had some pretty high winds during our summer thunderstorms.  Not
hurricane levels but strong enough to blow the bark off sycamore trees:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/Sycamore+after+the+wind.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don