Subject: [Leica] Still pics with the ugly Kentmere 400
From: smithjeffery at mac.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 08:19:08 -0700

LLuis,

I have to admit that D23 is a good developer for this film, and I keep going
back to it when I get distracted to other films. For 400 ISO, I've gotten to
liking TMax400 because I can push it to 1600 without any drastic grain. I
have tried to like HP5+ because everyone else gets good results with it, but
it just leaves me a bit flat.

Lluis, many of your images are taken in extremes of light and dark as you
photograph in bright sunlight but also have dark shadows in the same frame,
and what is in both extremes is important. I confess to avoiding those
conditions simply because I haven't had much luck in getting the contrast
tamed. Because of my reluctance, I lose a lot of opportunities. It hasn't
been much of an issue this past year...everyone is wearing masks, and that
ruins the interesting part of people pictures.

Jeffery