Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 03:15:59 -0500

Greetings to all.  I believe this tree was at the preserved site of the
original Baylor University near Brennan TX.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/didn_t+survive+the+wind.jpg.html

Back in my neighborhood we have a tree with some old seed pods:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/new+seeds+and+old.jpg.html

We have pretty strong tree preservation laws in Austin, you saw this tree
when the lot had just been cleared and the tree was protected:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/bracketed+by+preserved+live+oak.jpg.html

With a heat wave passing through the western U.S. I thought an image from a
cooler spring was appropriate:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/pecan+tree+leafing+out+morning+sun.jpg.html

This tree is growing on a limestone outcrop on the greenbelt along Barton
Creek.  Pretty typical scene when nature is mostly left alone for 6 or 7
decades:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/shot+from+the+shady+side.jpg.html

I do like the play of light on sycamore trunks:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/study+in+gray.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don