Subject: [Leica] Q2 Questions......
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:17:43 -0400

Thanks to everyone for their input on the Q2, and to Jayanand for his
experiences with up-res?ing smaller files. I?ll have a look at the DxO
product. I?m very much looking forward to revisiting Iceland with the Q2.

Frank, my son and I are on our own this time, 10 days with a rental car, a
map, and as little scheduling as we can get away with while keeping an eye
on booking sites so we don?t have to sleep in the car! My wife and I took a
weeklong tour sponsored by Sky & Telescope magazine in Sep-Oct 2019, themed
on seeing the aurora but incorporating much more Iceland than aurora. A few
of my favorite aurora shots are in the Gallery here
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Aurora/>, an album of MM shots
around Reykjavik here
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Reykjavik+in+Mono/>, and some MM
views of Iceland?s rugged coast here
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Iceland+for+Gallery/?g2_statusId=xa55ccdd6&g2_navId=x553f1dcd>.
 I completely agree, Iceland is a wide-angle country.

You?ll evidently be there about a month earlier in the year than we were,
but AFAIK any time is good for auroral activity as long as you?re far enough
before or after the summer solstice so you get a period of full dark in the
middle of the night. According to my astronomy app, full dark (?astronomic
night?) prevails between about midnight and 0300 in Iceland in early
September, so you may have to stay up late to get the best views of auroras
and star fields.

?howard